Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
ASA-105 Coastal Navigation Class B
Monday, January 11, 2021, 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Registration is required before Saturday, January 09, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Payment In Full In Advance Only
HPCON C in effect. Limitation is 6 in clubhouse (1 per table) for exam only. Must wear mask, room will be cleaned prior to, and after, the class.
You can cancel at any time prior to receiving your ASA-105 Materials. Your fee will be refunded via the Treasurer (online).
Once you accept your materials you can still cancel this class but may be able to take one of the later classes. Your fee will not be refunded.
ASA-105 Coastal Navigation - Class B
This is the traditional version of the class
-- 10 classes online with an instructor of about 1-2 hours each. Each lesson is aligned to a Pyzel chapter and focused on what is in the chapter, from class 2 to 9 the session begins with a review of the chapter sample problems at the end of the previous session's chapter. On the 10th session is the final exam and in-classroom (clubhouse).
Expectation of the student -- no navigational experience beyond basic Rules of the Road from previous ASA courses, if that.
- 11 Jan -- Chapters 1-2 of Pyzel
- 12 Jan -- Chapter 3 of Pyzel, Discuss Chapter 1-2 Problems
- 13 Jan -- Chapter 4 of Pyzel, Discuss Chapter 3 Problems
- 14 Jan -- Chapter 5 of Pyzel, Discuss Chapter 4 Problems
- 15 Jan -- Chapter 6 of Pyzel, Discuss Chapter 5 Problems
- 18 Jan -- Chapter 7 of Pyzel, Discuss Chapter 6 Problems
- 19 Jan -- Chapter 8 of Pyzel, Discuss Chapter 7 Problems
- 20 Jan -- Chapter 9 of Pyzel, Discuss Chapter 8 Problems
- 22 Jan -- Discuss Chapter 9 Problems, Review
- 23 Jan -- Final Exam (clubhouse)
Start time each day is 1700 (5pm) and will be via Zoom (link will be sent to confirmed students separately on 10 January).
After you register, please coordinate with Tim Holland getting your Pyzel book/CD and Chart 1210Tr. For COVID reasons, these will be available at the Clubhouse for pickup. You must have these prior to the first class.
You will need to provide your own tools. The Weems & Plath set are very good and should last years. Available at West Marine, or Amazon, or direct from W&P. Shop around because the price varies.
Contact Tim Holland (instructor) for any questions.