Announcing Free Sail Training for E-5 and below
We are excited to announce that effective immediately all E-5 and below may join the Navy Patuxent Sailing Club at no cost. As an E-5 and below member you automatically become part of the Enlisted Sail Training Program (ESTP) and can receive basic sail training on the Catalina 16.5' keelboats, ultimately receiving your A-Mate/B-Skipper sailing qualification which will allow you to sail the Catalina 16.5' keelboat on the Patuxent River. Additionally, ESTP participants can receive crew training and qualify (again free of charge) on the Luders 44' yawls, ultimately achieving a racing crew endorsement to their sailing qualification.
To join the Navy Pax Sailing Club, please go to the signup page here.
To sign up for ESTP Training Events, go to the Event Calendar and look for "ESTP" in the title. Only ESTP members will be allowed to sign up for these events.
Added benefits of joining the Navy Patuxent Sailing Club (for all members):
- 10% discount on already low recreational sailboat rental rates
- Early registration for sail training opportunities
- Free Racing in the Luders 44 for qualified members
- Social events sponsored by the Navy Patuxent Sailing Club
- Multiple opportunities to learn about sailing, sailboat maintenance, sailboat racing, sailboat cruising, and anything else you may want to learn before you buy a sailboat